Position: Coalition Engagement Coordinator
|Reports To||Project Director, Development and Outreach Coordinator|
|Hours||Full-Time, Normal Business Hours with some flexible scheduling|
|Financial Responsibilities||Responsible for personal time and expense submission/reporting.|
|Benefits||Health, Dental, Retirement Savings, Paid Leave (Holidays, Vacation, Sick), Short / Long Term Disability, Unemployment and Workers’ Compensation Insurance|
|Nature of Work||Work is generally sedentary in nature, but will require standing and walking. Work is largely performed in a typical office environment.|
|Travel||20-30% travel is anticipated, largely in-state.|
About Michigan Consumers for Healthcare:
Michigan Consumers for Healthcare (MCH) is a mid-sized 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Lansing with a statewide mission focused on making affordable, quality healthcare a reality for all in Michigan. MCH programs encompass a range of activities designed to optimize healthcare reform efforts in our state and provide a coordinated, strategic consumer voice in health policy decision-making. MCH is comprised of over 160 partner organizations in communities across the state from a wide variety of backgrounds who work collaboratively with MCH’s staff and one another to address key health opportunities and challenges.
The Coalition Engagement Coordinator will need to be familiar with the Affordable Care Act and support Health Equity work. Overall, this position will be an entrepreneurial and relationship focused professional primarily responsible for coordinating partner engagement. This includes and is not limited to, understanding member needs, planning regular Coalition meetings, tabulating and distributing member engagement information, and promoting more responsive and timely educational programming and collaborative efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan and coordinate periodic Coalition meetings based on member needs and interests and coalition goals, based on MCH’s strategic plan.
- Educate and engage potential partners/members about the Coalition in regards to its focus and activities.
- Build and nurture positive relationships with consumers, partner agencies and other strategic stakeholders in order to connect new and old partners with current workgroups and initiatives.
- Work in partnership with Spark Policy Institute to develop tools to measure coalition engagement and satisfaction and make recommendations to address the needs of the Coalition.
- Utilize the Coalition’s client relations management tool (Nationbuilder) in order to gather essential data, run relevant reports and analytics that can help create strategic goals.
- Identify, engage and leverage the skills, expertise, and assets of coalition members on behalf of the coalition through partnerships and collaboration.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated general knowledge of databases and data management.
- Experience working with client relation management tools is strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn new systems and integrate work with communications tools and communications staff.
- Familiarity with the Affordable Care Act and the enrollment opportunities it presents for consumers in Michigan.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn and acquire new technical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – phone, in-person, group networking etc.
- Ability to deal with multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and remain self-motivated.
- Ability to travel between locations-Valid driver’s license and access to reliable personal transportation.
Education and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required-Communications, Marketing/Sales
- 1+ year(s) of work experience in a health or human services focused organization preferred.
- 1+ year(s) of sales or membership development experience preferred.
- Experience and comfort with the suite of Microsoft and Google products required.
Apply: Resumes and cover letters must be submitted in a .docx/.doc or .pdf format. Please address all cover letters to: The Recruitment Committee email@example.com. Resumes with cover letters will be accepted until April 10th, 2015.